The end of the year is a great time to reflect on where we have come from, as well as planning ahead for the new year. Here are the tips I use to get my year off to a fresh start. The more we can incorporate these into our daily lives, the better physical and mental health we will achieve.
- Plan ahead
- Stock your pantry and fridge with healthy snacks and foods
- Keep temptation out of your house
- Stick with your workout plan (even when you have no desire to do so)
- Control your portions
- Stay accountable
- Easy on the alcohol
- Stay hydrated
- Do not start your diet on January 1st
- Do not ‘diet’ or ‘cleanse’ at all
- Make healthy choices most of the time
- Enjoy the rewards of a healthy lifestyle
- Embrace your health, family and friends
- Enjoy the party
Also, I have added a workout at the end of here to get your holidays off to a fit start.
On the first day of Christmas, my trainer gave to me:
…..and a sleigh push across the gym floor (2x) or jump rope 45 seconds
2 -Lateral burpees (side leap to burpee 6x)
3 -Clean and presses (w/dumbbells) or Sandbag
4 -Jump and Squats (Holding KB)
5 -Pull-ups with rings (or TRX 12x)
6 -Plyo Push-ups (10xs)
7 -Bench step ups (EA with bicep curls)
8 -Ladies lunging (16 altogether alt lunge jumps)
9 -Jingle Jacks (jumping jacks holding light dumbbells w/lat raises)
10 -Kettlebell Raises (10 ea. side)
11 -Triceps dipping (12xs)
12 -BOSU Side planks (EA side)
So remember to set new goals that will help you grow both physically and spiritually. And take care of your body and mental health and you will open up many doors that will lead to a happier you!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and may you have an amazing 2019.